As Systems Engineer you will be tasked with:
- Working on the Infrastructure side within the TechOps group, partnering with the rest of the department and acting as an escalation point for the IT Support function for the business.
- Identifying and addressing issues toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution across our three office sites and datacentres.
- Ensuring uptime of all corporate, business critical systems is in line with agreed SLA’s.
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems administration and best practice principles to proactively prevent and address incidents.
- Working closely with IT Support to understand the real life “on the ground” issues that are being faced on a daily basis with a focus on long term resolutions.
- Ensuring there is a clear focus on “daily business” / “business as usual” support as well as carving out time for project work.
- Documenting and maintaining resolution guides in knowledgebase articles and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model in line with any IT Governance and
- Security / Compliance Initiatives.
- Training and mentoring internal stakeholders.
- Committing to a high quality of service at all times.
- Collaborating with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for our efficiency.
What we offer:
- Shared responsibility for delivering products customers love
- Participation in technical conferences, meetups and hackathons
- Professional training as well as an e-book library and brown bag sessions
The ideal candidate:
- Will have a strong background in systems administration and engineering, understanding of the components of corporate and cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks (desirable), web and application servers.
- Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable.
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks desireable.
- Previous direct exposure to administrating fundamental internet services and the Microsoft core enterprise stack is a must.
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing is a huge plus
- Working level knowledge of one: PowerShell.
- Experience with native Microsoft and third party system management and monitoring tools.
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Splunk, Logstash) is highly desirable.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
- Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Windows Remote Desktop Services.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft Exchange Server.
- System Center products:
- Configuration Manager.
- Operations Manager.
- Skype for Business / Lync.
- Extensive Office 365 experience is a must.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Windows Desktop Deployment.
- System Monitoring.
- Experience with common services (DNS, NTP, LDAP).
- Extensive experience providing advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Researching root causes of problems and providing RCA analysis,
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery planning, building and testing.
- Managing a ticket queue ensuring timely resolution to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Tight communication within international teams.
- Periodic 24/7 on-call rotation.
Additional experience in the following would be a plus:
- Basic VMware knowledge.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Basic load balancing knowledge.
- Exposure to the LAMP stack a huge plus.
Feel that itch again? Excellent – send us your application today!
Applications are welcome in English or German!