Interaction Designer who generates ideas towards solutions
You are an experienced Interaction Designer by heart. You are not a Visual Designer. Does that sound like you?
As interaction designer your task is to establish the interactive structure and the user flow of our products and web services based on business data. You’re driving the concept direction, generating ideas towards solutions, and translating them into wireframes, flows and prototypes. Constant user evaluation is part of this design process. On a personal level you enjoy an unquenchable thirst for understanding user behavior and preferences as well as the next generation of user interfaces and devices. Being a target oriented team player, you’re constantly reiterating and questioning results, including your own.
At eSailors, our interaction designers are located within our agile product teams, peering with product managers, business analysts and software engineers. As a member of our UX-Team you cooperate with visual designers and user research professionals. Whilst we are a business driven company, it is our people who shape the way we work and reach our goals: We take pride in thinking brave and taking ownership, and in exceeding expectations by working better together.
What we will offer you:
- A self-dependent and innovative work style with the possibility to develop
- An internal user lab to directly observe our customers and validate your work
- Direct exchange with software development, marketing, product management and managing directors
- Great team spirit, hackathons, social events, an attractive office in the city center of Hamburg and many more benefits
What do you have:
- You adapt best practice for user centered design
- You have strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques, responsive web design and working with pattern libraries
- You have 3+ years of proven experience in HCI, information architecture, usability design and online content organization
- Having worked in the context of mobile web and app designs would be a plus
- You’re an excellent communicator who loves to work in multidisciplinary teams
- You have profound verbal and written communication skills in both German (mandatory) and English
- You’re a self-starter who has the desire to continuously improve
- You’re a troubleshooter with the hunger to work with the latest technologies
- You’re an open and honest person with a good sense of humor
We are looking for people who can turn our ideas into innovative solutions.
Do you feel this sounds like you? Then we should get together and find out if we’re a match!
Applications are welcome in English or German!