We trust in our employees’ skills, and believe in self-organized, cross-functional teams. We empower our teams and their members to take ownership and independently drive development. As much fun as we have, we’re serious about that one. You bring your skills, your expertise, and your human capacity into our company culture. We offer challenging tasks for forward thinking people. A trusting team culture and learning environment that stimulates advancement is cultivated by us. We offer you to work in a flexible and smart way with flat hierarchy that enables you to imagine further.
What we have to offer
As Head of Engineering you take on full project, budget and staff responsibility and represent the Software Engineering department with regard to internal/external stakeholders as well as external partners. Your role involves the functional and line management of about 80 employees. And we are growing!
- Follow and further develop a sustainable software engineering department vision and strategy (incl. architecture, quality, continuous delivery, processes etc.) derived from a companywide technology strategy.
- Develop and implement a (Big) Data strategy in collaboration together with the Head of Data and involved stakeholders.
- Shape the product development strategy in close collaboration with product management, Product Operations, Marketing and System Operations.
- Build international technology and service strategies
Responsible for the technologies, tools and services deployed in the Engineering department with the objective of creating innovative, reliable and maintainable solutions and/or products that set trends in the market as well as for our customers.
- Building and developing an empowered high-performing team
- Acting as a change manager for changes within the department and across areas
- Functional and line management of managers in their various roles
- Ensuring a lean, functioning and scalable organisation as well as necessary processes
- Coaching managers in leadership and people development
- Regularly agreeing objectives and holding regular feedback and appraisal interviews.
- Creating a positive work environment, motivating and inspiring his or her team and leading them to top performance.
- Always being a role model for his or her employees and an advocate for our culture (empowerment of teams, feedback, data usage, lean/agile, de-centralization, speed and getting things done)
- Strategic and operational planning, budget responsibility
- Continuously work on increasing speed of delivery and getting things done using data to show progress
- Selecting and managing external partners.
In this role, you will report directly to the Business Unit Head. We are looking for somebody with a high level of initiative, dynamism and commitment.
What we expect
- A degree in computer science, information technology or a similar field
- Relevant professional experience from a similar management position and industry
- Several years’ sound practical experience in the conception and implementation of complex, highly available e-business platforms as well as Internet applications (architecture, programming, testing, roll-out), ideally in a JAVA environment.
- An agile and lean mind-set and knowledge corresponding tools and practices
- Experience in initiating and managing change processes in an agile environment as well as their successful implementation
Skills and abilities
- A high degree of assertiveness and the ability to work well under pressure
- Highly developed analytical and strategic skills
- Strong technical and architectural skills for developing service implementation strategies
- Empowers teams to deliver exceptional results
- Has strong data skills and implements data and hypothesis driven decision making
- Visionary thinking
- An entrepreneurial mindset and behaviour
- The ability to grasp complex situations and information and convey them to others
- Solution-driven and self-responsible behaviour
- Goal-oriented communication
- Drive and the ability to be convincing and to motivate himself/herself and others
- Agile and Lean native, fluency in English (spoken and written)
We are looking for leaders who can turn our ideas into innovative solutions.
Does that sound like you? Apply today!
Applications are welcome in English and German!